irssi-xmpp is an irssi plugin to connect to the Jabber network.
Its aim is to provide a good integration in this text-based irc client and
a good support of XMPP (the Jabber protocol).
Its main features are:
- Sending and receiving messages in irssi's query windows
- A roster with contact & resource tracking (contact list)
- Contact management (add, remove, manage subscriptions)
- Tab completion of commands, JIDs and resources
- Many extensions supported (XEP) including Multi-User Chat (MUC)
- Support for multiple accounts
- Unicode support (UTF-8)
- SSL and STARTTLS support
To deal with the XMPP protocol, it uses of the Loudmouth library.
Written in C and released under the GNU General Public License version 2.
To learn more about irssi-xmpp, you can read the README.
- Latest version: 0.52 (12/02/2012), see NEWS for changes.
- Debian package: apt-get install irssi-plugin-xmpp
- FreeBSD port: pkg_add -r irssi-xmpp (more info)
- and in many package repository of Linux distributions...